Organic Search: Google AnalyticsJune 16, 2016
Online Marketing for ‘Small Business’, Efficient??September 7, 2016
This post is to answer questions like the ones below:
I register my business listing on yell.com, they send me a mail they can advertise my business to 100 of places online its £40 each month. And someone suggested that if I advertise on Google ad and and pay £59 pounds a month I can get lot of work. My site will come on first page.
What do you suggest please?
refrains from giving direct suggestions regarding who to choose for web marketing. What we can provide are the facts.
Web Marketing is a vast field and the 3 in question above are Online business listings, PPC
(Pay Per Click) and Organic SEO
What Yell are offering is a contractual service to put your business on web directories only (online business listings). This means that your website will be listed on many online directories, and you are aiming to get customers through your listing on those directories.
Google Adwords on the other hand is a PPC or pay per click service. Here are some facts about PPC
- You need to decide what keywords to have your advert on. If a customer types the exact keywords you choose, they will see your listing, if they type something similar but not exactly the words or phrase you paid for, they may not see your listing
- A well configured PPC or Pay-Per-Click advertising campaign is active instantly, this also means that the minute you stop paying for PPC your PPC efforts disappear without trace.
- PPC has no effect on your page’s ranking in search engines.
- PPC can be an effective, yet costly marketing tactic as it is also vulnerable to click fraud, a very nasty and costly trick your competitors can use to undermine your PPC efforts.
- PPC results are recognised as paid adverts and so, a label marked ‘Ad’ will show next to your PPC listing. This may or may not deter customers.
- The cost will be decided on the keywords you choose and the price set by the search engine for every click. so if 1 of your adverts is set at £1 per click and 50 people click on it, you will be charged £50 that month for that advert. (Price not fixed every month)
- The PPC service charges for the amount of clicks you get to the site, not the amount of sales you make from those clicks – Before you set up a PPC campaign it is worth taking into account – How many of the people that click onto your site through Google will actually buy from you? (some people just click on sites for information, others may be competitors checking your site). Based on this information, is it worth paying for every click to your site, whether you make a sale out of it or not?
- Your PPC campaign will only be effective on the search engine you choose. E.g Google Adwords advert will only show on Google and not other search engines
provide Organic SEO
services. Organic SEO
covers many aspects of web marketing to gain good results on search engine listings – this includes all search engines, and not targeted to a specific search engine. SEO from Amfahtech.co.uk
covers all of the aspects of web marketing below:
- Initial Search Engine Ranking Report
- Keyword Research and Keyword Planner
- Online business directory listings
- Set up, and management of social media accounts and campaigns
- Social Media Optimisation (SMO)
- Content Optimisation and Data Highlighting
- Meta tags optimisation
- Working on increasing the speed of your website
- Assistance with mobile optimisation of website
- Web maintenance to bring it up to speed with search engine recommendations.
- Blog and article submissions on social media platforms from time to time.
- Website interlinking and reader friendly content layout.
- Website back linking
- Google Business Verification
- Google Search Console registration and management
- Website SEO Analysis
- Competitor Research
- Off page Optimisation
- Article Submission
- Social Bookmarking
- Blog Commenting
- Blog Posting
- Social Media Optimisation
- One-way and Two-way link building
- On page optimisation
- XML sitemap
- & more.
The following are facts about Organic SEO:
- Organic SEO works on increasing targeted traffic to your site through various platforms as mentioned above.
- ‘Organic’ seo listings keep their place for longer as they have gained their place through time and effort.
- Similarly, research suggests that customers clicking on organic listings are more likely to buy than PPC listings (more converted clicks).
- Organic SEO covers more aspects of web marketing unlike specific web marketing such as PPC or business directory listings.
Watch this space for more facts about different web marketing tactics.